Powell Teams was launched early in 2020, pre-pandemic, inspired by the needs of our users who manage an ever-increasing number of Microsoft Teams and want to organize and simplify Teams usage and governance. Even before the explosion of Microsoft Teams usage during the ensuing lockdowns, we saw a need to prevent Teams chaos.
Microsoft Teams, an essential tool
Collaborative work now represents the most important professional activity within an organization. According to Microsoft, time spent collaborating with others represents 80% of an employee’s working time. It was projected that 72% of employees would be working remotely by the end of 2020.
In order to meet the needs of this changing workplace, Microsoft Teams became the flagship business tool of the year in 2020. With over 500,000 companies using Microsoft Teams and more than 250 million active users every day, the tool now has the highest adoption rate of any Microsoft product – ever.
Users have adopted Microsoft Teams fast. Every day employees are creating more and more Teams until eventually, it becomes challenging for any user to find the Teams and the information they are looking for.
How do I find the Teams that I was working on for that project last week? Where is this document stored? How can we control how Teams are created? These are some of the challenges that many users and organizations are currently trying to solve.
Powell Teams, the app that simplifies the user experience and governance of Microsoft Teams!
As avid Microsoft Teams users ourselves, Powell Software designed this solution to help businesses take advantage of the full potential of the Office 365 app.
Powell Teams offers the following improvements:
1. An enriched, intuitive, organized user experience.
- All teams are easily accessible.
- Teams are organized by tags to facilitate the search for projects and information.
- Teams are structured using templates pre-defined by administrators.
- Existing Teams cannot be duplicated thanks to the Powell Teams AI engine.
- Recommendation of users for Teams based on employee expertise.
- A clear and comprehensive dashboard.
Users find all their Teams and activities in a configurable dashboard with:
- Users’ preferences for filters.
- Recent Teams.
- Favorite Teams.
- Creation forms to simplify and guide users in the creation of Teams.
- Improved governance.
Administrators gain control over the evolution and growth of Microsoft Teams.
Team management is improved through:
- Ready-to-use templates.
- Application of naming conventions.
- Approval workflows.
- Definition of best practices like minimum numbers of Teams owners, members, etc.
- An AI engine that avoids duplicate Teams while recommending relevant potential Teams members.
- A full administrator dashboard to create, approve, update, archive, analyze, etc.
ABOUT POWELL SOFTWARE
Powell Software develops digital workplace solutions that improve the employee experience, helping companies write their own “future of work” by leveraging the talent of their entire workforce. We help companies meet the challenges of the hybrid workplace, with a digital workplace built for everyone and accessible to everyone. Powell Software puts the user experience at the center of its strategy and approach and supports its users in their day-to-day operations. With more than 1.7 million users, we are now present in Europe, North America, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Australia to be as close as possible to our customers and partners.