Minimum Use Requirements
For SharePoint Online
- Powell 365 and Powell Manager require a customer Office 365 tenant.
- Powell 365 includes multiple web parts that need a specific license in Office 365 (Example: The Power BI web part requires a Power
- BI license to display a Power BI dashboard). If a connected user does not have the associated license, the web part will be empty.
- To deploy an intranet with Powell Manager: a site collection administrator account (with no MFA) set in Powell Manager is required.
- After the deployment, the account can be removed.
- To use a Powell 365 portal in SharePoint Online: The user needs an entry access to the portal via SharePoint Online. All functionalities are executed in line with the level of rights the connected user has.
For SharePoint On-Premises
Starting September 2021, no new On-Premises deployment will be supported.
For specific cases & Hybrid deployments, please contact your Sales representative
- Powell Manager requires an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) account to be accessed.
- To deploy an intranet with Powell Manager On-Premises:
- You need to have SharePoint 2016+; Starting December 2021, only SharePoint 2019+ will be supported
- The site collection must be accessible from the internet
- A site collection administrator is required
- All the global configuration in the central administration must be done manually with a Powell Documentation
We support Edge, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. All features are compatible with Internet Explorer 11 with all updates, but it is not a recommended browser.
Advanced Utilization Requirements
Deploying an intranet with Powell Manager in SharePoint Online.
Having a SharePoint Administrator account is not a mandatory requirement. However, it influences an administrator’s experience in Powell Manager and is an advantage to have.
A SharePoint Administrator account allows:
- Automatic site collections creation
- Search configuration
- Term store configuration
- The SharePoint Site design feature
The requirements were established the 2018/07/04 and they can evolve based on the Office 365 requirements.