This year the Powell Software annual Digital Workplace convention went online, and the virtual event doors were open to everyone. In fact, it was our largest turnout ever with 600 attendees joining from across the globe.
2020 the year the world went remote
Attendees tuned in on the day to explore the changing workplace with 2020 seeing an unanticipated and rapid adoption of remote work. In fact, as our CEO Cyril de Queral discussed, some 74% of employers plan to move some employees to remote work long term.
As today’s employees are no longer in the office every day, organizations are trying to understand how to ensure resiliency and flexibility with technology. According to de Queral, organizations need to consider four things to secure this:
- Remote workers need to be connected, part of the company, able to socialize and feel the company culture even when they work from home.
- Efficiency will be driven by providing remote workers with the right tools, such as intelligent search so they can easily find the information they’re looking for and applications specific to their role.
- Data in the digital workplace is also key, managers need to be able to see the KPIs each employee is delivering.
- Business processes need to be completed away from the office and so digitalization is crucial.
The digital workplace responding to the hybrid workplace needs
With businesses looking to make permanent changes, the hybrid workplace which balances the old and new is positioning itself as the future workplace. To be hybrid workplace-ready, de Queral noted that organizations need:
- A powerful employee communication platform
- Impactful digital collaboration tools
- The ability to digitalize business processes
Powell Software helps get organizations ready to tackle hybrid work with a complete digital workplace that responds to these three requirements.
- Powell Intranet is the communication platform to keep employees engaged and informed.
- Powell Teams is the Microsoft Teams app to improve end-user experience, governance with a focus on improved search capabilities. Teams has become an essential tool during the Covid-19 crisis to allow employees to continue to work successfully from home.
- Bringing them all together in one single solution Powell 365 and its ready-to-use Templates, to digitalize business processes like onboarding employees and Sales RFP, Marketing & Operations
The Powell Software team ran three tracks focused on Digital Workplace Usage & Governance, Powell Teams, and Powell Intranet.
The convention was also an opportunity for Powell Software to present our roadmap and make some exciting announcements. Here’s a round-up of some of the top, not to be missed, announcements.
4 Key Takeaways from the Digital Workplace convention
Innovation and improvement are at the heart of Powell 365, so the team took this year as an opportunity to keep developing innovative solutions designed to connect and engage employees.
- Employees Gamification in the Intranet
Actively engaged employees bring invaluable benefits to organizations and can act as advocates for the company. Employee advocacy is a way to expand the organic reach of a company’s message, by encouraging employees to share content with their network. Marketing and communications are always looking for ways to increase the reach of their content, but employees can be slow to distribute new blog articles, whitepapers, and other materials.
Powell Software’s new employee advocacy and gamification features aim to overcome this by providing tangible benefits for sharing. By providing points and rewards to employees for their advocacy efforts, employees now have a reason to share. This new template feature will be available in the coming days for Powell Intranet & Powell Teams’ current customers.
- An Improved Teams Experience
Microsoft Teams is a powerful tool, but anyone who has used it for some months now will have struggled with trying to find important documents or Teams. Powell Teams enhances the end-user experience with improved search, favorite teams, and recent documents and we’re making updates to improve the experience further.
Discover how Powell Teams is going to revolutionize your Teams. Catch up on the recording with Matthew Weston on Teams automation.
- Digitalized Business Processes: Sales RFP
Powell Software is working hard to make tasks simpler for departments across organizations. Following the roll-out of employee onboarding templates for HR, a new template was announced at the Digital Workplace convention. The new Sales RFP templates are designed to standardize the sales request for proposal process using the digital workplace.
To understand how these new templates can help Sales teams handle RFPs with ease, watch the run-through with Tamar Asatiani at the Digital Workplace convention, during the Roadmap update.
Powell Software Achievements 2020
This year Powell Software has reached some impressive goals, despite everything that 2020 has thrown at the world.
- 50% increase in users
- 400% growth in the UK and APAC
- 85 new customers so far this year
- Clearbox Intranet Choice Award North America and Europe 2020
Watch back in your own time
Running a virtual convention means that even if you missed the convention, had to leave early, or only got to see one track, you can now watch it back in your own time. If you are a customer or partner, become a Master in Powell 365. If you are just interested in the digital workplace, discover everything there is to know about using the digital workplace to successfully move to hybrid work.