SteelWave teamed with Powell Software to develop new digital workplace
When real estate management firm SteelWave rebranded in April of 2015, the decision was made to implement an employee intranet. Their goal was to establish a digital workplace that would improve their internal communications and reflect the forward-thinking, progressive mindset that the organization had developed. With offices located around the country and most of their employees out in the field, SteelWave also needed to move away from a file server/shared folders system to a cloud network allowing for more convenient connectivity and access.
Utilizing the Microsoft Office suite as the basis of the internal collaborative infrastructure, SteelWave reviewed many intranet solutions and decided to implement a Powell 365 intranet. The project was conducted through a multi-phase approach with the help of both Powell Software and intranet consultant and SharePoint expert, ‘2toLead.’
This is the story of how SteelWave successfully realized their goal to install a digital workplace that acted as the central tool for their employees to work within.
- Field/Remote workers had no way to access information on the job
- No tool to keep employees updated on company news and events
- No mobile platform for internal and external collaboration
- SharePoint was not being used whatsoever
- Aesthetically appealing intranet where SteelWave could easily manage company re-brand within intranet
- Mobile tool created to empower field workers to work more efficiently and conveniently
- Employee profiles created for each user in order to connect employees across all offices
Technology Behind the Solution
The communication platform sits on top of SharePoint and incorporates Office 365 tools in such an engaging way that most companies see an 80% increase in usage, thanks to the platform. Plus, Powell 365 includes over 70 customizable ready-to-use SharePoint templates that simplify platform creation, offering a lower cost alternative to a custom build. Powell 365 resonated well with SteelWave and was a flexible, full-cloud solution that combined SPFX webparts.
- SteelWave went from not utilizing SharePoint whatsoever, to housing their entire company infrastructure on SharePoint Online
- Employees in the field and employees working remotely are able to do their jobs more effectively and conveniently
- Communication and awareness regarding company news and events has improved greatly
- There is now a general sense of connectedness from office to office across the country
- Productivity has increased for all users as everyone can now access company resources much easier