A fast-growing, food management company serving over 250,000 K-12 children across the Midwest realized their on-premises, email reliant workflows were not scaling with company growth. In order to maintain the high levels of customer satisfaction, they had come to expect and continue to be a market leader, Opaa! Food Management executives decided something must be done to integrate automation and efficiencies into their workflows.
How Opaa! Food Management is retaining customers, improving childhood nutrition and empowering teamwork with Microsoft 365.
Opaa! chose the power of Microsoft cloud technologies and the experience of Gold Partner Valorem to help them become a modern workplace with empowered employees who could efficiently collaborate, communicate and coordinate to better serve their communities, retain customers and grow their business.
To provide the most engaging and easy-to-use digital workplace as quickly and cost-efficiently as possible, Valorem brought in Powell 365 by Powell Software, long-time Microsoft Partner and SharePoint enthusiasts. This is the story of how Opaa! leveraged leading-edge technology with expert guidance and custom digital solutions to digitally transform their business.
- Team collaboration, communication, and coordination delays caused by outdated tools were increasing incident resolution times and introducing risk to customer satisfaction scores and new business opportunities.
- Internal resource limitations for planning, deploying and managing the cloud infrastructure migration necessary to become a modern workplace.
- Inadequate redundancy and backup capabilities to maintain system integrity.
- Little executive insight into account successes, incidents or day-to-day operations.
- Field resources sacrificing valuable time on account activities due to limited remote access.
- A strategic roadmap for migrating to the cloud using best practices and agile application deployments.
- Fully customized SharePoint 365 based Incident Management System with automated workflow notifications and multi-media support.
- User-led design of a custom Powell 365, SharePoint-based Opaa! Intranet.
- PowerApp based secure, mobile app access to incident management tools for remote staff.
- Adoption framework and training documentation to aid in employee change management.
Why Powell 365
Powell 365 has over 70 ready-to-use SharePoint templates as well as a unique design tool called the Powell Manager to simplify the design process within SharePoint for those organizations seeking a lower-cost alternative to a custom build. Valorem designers used the Powell Manager solution to create a user-led, brand-aligned interface for staff to collaborate and access subject matter experts regardless of their geographic locations.
“During the exploration phase, Valorem suggested Powell365’s Intranet design tool instead of building a custom-coded solution to help us maximize our available budget. Powell365 provided a lot of visually appealing aspects and will make it easier for us to manage our Intranet in the future.”
– Jordan Boatman, Information System Administrator, Opaa! Food Management
The resulting SharePoint-based solution uses Microsoft Forms and Workflows along with the new Intranet to make it easy for employees to create and update incidents in real-time. Using SharePoint Online and Power Apps, Opaa!’s new custom incident management workflow can be initiated on any device directly from the newly optimized Opaa! Intranet.
“Powell 365 offers Opaa! employees a compelling Digital Workplace that fully relies on the Microsoft Office 365 suite, precisely matches Opaa! business needs and can be delivered in a short time to market and competitive budget. We are excited about the business value that we delivered to Opaa! along with our partner Valorem.”
– Antoine Faisandier, CEO, Powell Software USA
- Faster incident resolution times for clients
- Increased transparency for executives throughout the incident lifecycle
- Mobile device access for field staff
- A safe and secure foundation for migrating future business applications to the cloud
- Flexible platform for integrating other business systems and increasing process automation
- Roadmap for the next phase of digital transformation: Becoming a data-driven culture
- Adoption communication plans and change management strategy in place to maximize usage rates and ROI
Download the Full Opaa Story
Click here to read Opaa!’s full Digital Transformation Story!